Invitation for Bids
12 December 2017
Loan no. and Title:
Loan 2963-MON: Fifth Health Sector Development Project
Contract No. and Title:
G1:Medical Equipment for Central Sterilization Service Departments (CSSDs)
Deadline for submission of bids:
23 January 2018 at 15:00 Hours (Ulaanbaatar time) (GMT+8)
- The Government of Mongolia received financingfrom the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Fifth Health Sector Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loanto payment under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
- The Ministry of Health (MOH) (“the Purchaser”) invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the supply, delivery and installation of medical equipment for centralized sterilization service departments (CSSDs) of 20 project hospitals (4 tertiary level hospitals, 3 regional diagnostic and treatment centers, 7 district general hospitals in Ulaanbaatar and 6aimag general hospitals) in Mongolia. The contract package consists of modern equipment for decontamination, assembling and packaging, sterilization and storage and water treatment systemfor CSSDs.The bid has 3 Lots:
Lot 1: Equipment for Decontamination, Assembling and Packaging
Lot 2: Equipment for Sterilization and Storage
Lot 3: Water reverse osmosis system
The delivery/completion period is 4 months from signing date of the contract. A bidder may bid for any one, more than one, or all of the lots.
- International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB's Single-StageOne Envelope procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
- Only Bidders from eligible member countries with key qualifications given below should participate in this bidding:
a.Net worth for the last year calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive;
b.Minimum average annual turnover of
- US$2,700,000for Lot 1
- US$4,800,000 for Lot 2
- US$600,000 for Lot 3
calculated as total payments received by the Bidder for contracts completed or under execution over the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017).
- Availability of or access to liquid assets, lines of credit, and other finances sufficient to meet cash flow requirement which is
- US$1,100,000 for Lot 1
- US$1,900,000 for Lot 2
- US$250,000 for Lot 3
- Successful completion as main supplier within the last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017) of at least 2 contracts each valued at:
- US$1,400,000 for Lot 1
- US$2,500,000 for Lot 2
- US$330,000 for Lot 3
with nature, and complexity similar to the scope of supply described in Section 6 (Schedule of Supply).
Bidders should refer to the Bidding Documents for detailed qualification requirements
- Pre-bidding meeting shall be held on 25December 2017 at 15:00 hours at the below address (para.7).
- To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
- Send official letter to the below address (para.10) requesting the Invitation for Bid documents for Package No.G1.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of US$100.00 and the method of payment will be direct deposit into the following account shown below:
Bank Name: State Bank of Mongolia, Branch No. 100
Bank Address: Choimbol-6, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Account Name: Fourth Health Sector Development Project
Payee's Account No: 240026067406
SWIFT Code: STBMMNUB
Bank Name: CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK NEW YORK BRANCH
Bank Address: 1095 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS 33rd FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10036
SWIFT Code: PCBCUS33
- The document will be sent by airmail or courier services for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for local delivery. No liability will be accepted for loss or late delivery.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 23January 2018, 15:00 Hours (Ulaanbaatar time) (GMT+8). All bids must be accompanied by a bid security as stated in the bidding document (Bid Data Sheet). Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at the address below on 23January 2018, 15:00 Hours (Ulaanbaatar time).
Address of Venue:
Room #8, Third floor,
Fifth Health Sector Development Project, Ministry of Health
Extension of Government Building 8, Olympic Street-2,
- The Ministry of Health of Mongolia will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
- When comparing Bids, ADB's Domestic Preference Scheme will not be applied.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), Fifth Health Sector Development Project, Ministry of Healthof Mongolia and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below, during office hours from 9:00 to 12:00 hours and 14:00 to 17:00 hours (Ulaanbaatar time) excluding Saturday, Sunday and Holidays:
Attention to: Mrs.Bayartogtokh Jugdersuren, procurement officer, HSDP-4 and 5
Address: PIU office of Fifth Health Sector Development Project, Ministry of Health
Olympic street 2, Extension of Government Building-8, Third floor, room#8
City: Ulaanbaatar city 48
Zip Code: 210648